Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How to make Gimp run in one Window on Ubuntu


When I first started Gimp in Ubuntu, I thought the program had not yet loaded because the toolbars and forms were scattered all over the place so I decided to wait 5 minutes for the program to load. After 5 minutes I realized that Gimp was like this by default and that really boiled my blood because I hate applications that run in mutliple windows. Programs should be simple and only run in one window to make life easier for noobs like us. Nevertheless, I found the solution to making Gimp run in one window on Ubuntu.

Instructions
  1. Open Terminal in Ubuntu
  2. Copy and paste this code: sudo apt-get install xnest metacity gimp
  3. Test it in order to make sure that you have installed the package successfully by copying and pasting this code: Xnest :1 -ac -name GIMP -geometry 1024x690 & metacity --display :1 & gimp --display :1
  4. And your done
That wasn't too hard, was it?

Comments :

2 comments to “How to make Gimp run in one Window on Ubuntu”

Anonymous said...
on 

Sure, it makes it run under one window in your wider desktop, but it's all still running in individual windows inside that window - that seems just as annoying to me :-)

Anonymous said...
on 

Thanks a lot was looking for this!

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Online Noobs

 

Copyright © 2009-2010 by A Noob's Guide