Monday, March 9, 2009

How to backup FireFox favorites


It is always important to backup your FireFox favorites because you never know what might happen. I had to learn that the hard way when a virus struck my computer and my anti-virus could do nothing about it therefore I had no choice, but to format my computer. Then, I wondered, how do you backup FireFox favorites?

The solution is simple and noob friendly so don't worry if you think you're going to panic and close the window. I've written a very simple set of instructions to help you noobs out.

Instructions
  1. Open FireFox
  2. Look at the top menu bar where it says File, Edit, View, etc..
  3. Click Bookmarks
  4. Click Organize Bookmarks
  5. Click Import and Backup (Located at the top)
  6. Click Export HTML
  7. Save your file to a known place
  8. If you don't have a USB drive, then send it to your e-mail
  9. Done
Those instructions were for FireFox 3. If you have FireFox 2, then instead of searching for 'Import and Backup', click File and click export html. Enjoy!

Comments :

0 comments to “How to backup FireFox favorites”

:)) ;)) ;;) :D ;) :p :(( :) :( :X =(( :-o :-/ :-* :| 8-} :)] ~x( :-t b-( :-L x( =))

Post a Comment

Online Noobs

 

Copyright © 2009-2010 by A Noob's Guide